PRSEA (Poudre Retired School Employees Association)
PRSEA Scholarships have been awarded to graduating Poudre School District seniors for 32 years.
Money for these scholarships is generously donated each year by members of the Poudre Retired School Employees Association and other members of the Fort Collins community wishing to support deserving students who plan to attend Front Range Community College.
This year PRSEA was able to award ten $3,000 scholarships to PSD seniors who will be attending Front Range Community College. An eleventh recipient received the Mathew Bailey scholarship, which is awarded by one of the members of the PRSEA committee.
To date, more than $100,000 will have been awarded by PRSEA to 80 PSD graduates planning to attend Front Range Community College.
The Matthew G. Bailey Memorial Scholarship is awarded to one PSD graduating senior each year who will be attending Front Range Community College. The $4,000 Matthew G. Bailey Memorial Scholarship honors Matt, his thirst for learning and his interest in other cultures. He graduated from Fort Collins High in 1987.
2022 Scholarship Recipients
- Sarai Castillo Carrasco, Poudre High School
- Emma Cookman, Poudre High School
- Gabrielle Franklin, Fossil Ridge High School
- Madison Gill-Twitt, Poudre Global Academy
- Alexandra Hovey, Fort Colins High School
- Olivia Johnson, Rocky Mountain High School
- Alexandra Lambert, Fort Collins High School
- Abigail Miller, Rocky Mountain High School
- Trinity Moran, Rocky Mountain High School
- Shanelle Palato, Rocky Mountain High School
- Maya Younger, Centennial High School
PRSEA’s mission is to:
- Foster the social and economic welfare and well-being of retired school employees.
- Enable retired employees to retain contact with their former co-workers and to provide opportunities for fellowship with retired friends.
- Cooperate with state and national retired school employee associations by promoting their membership, legislative efforts and their projects and programs of benefit to members.
- Encourage and assist early and ample preparation for retirement on the part of current school employees.
- Promote public education.