PRSEA (Poudre Retired School Employees Association)
PRSEA Scholarships have been awarded to graduating Poudre School District seniors for 32 years.
Money for these scholarships is generously donated each year by members of the Poudre Retired School Employees Association and other members of the Fort Collins community wishing to support deserving students who plan to attend Front Range Community College.
2021/22 award winners will each receive $3,600 for the 2021-22 school year which can be used for the cost of tuition and additional fees.
To date, more than $100,000 will have been awarded by PRSEA to 80 PSD graduates planning to attend Front Range Community College.
The Matthew G. Bailey Memorial Scholarship is awarded to one PSD graduating senior each year who will be attending Front Range Community College. The $4,000 Matthew G. Bailey Memorial Scholarship honors Matt, his thirst for learning and his interest in other cultures. He graduated from Fort Collins High in 1987.
2021 Scholarship Recipients
- Isabel Delgado- Poudre High School
- Nataleigh Rodriguez Mera- Poudre High School
- Maria Muniz- Centennial High School
- Leah Rohlfs- Fort Collins High School
- Ellie Beauchamp- Fort Collins High School
- 2021 Matthew Bailey Memorial Scholarship: Arlet Huizar Guadarrama- Poudre High School
Additional PRSEA Information:
PRSEA’s mission is to:
- Foster the social and economic welfare and well-being of retired school employees.
- Enable retired employees to retain contact with their former co-workers and to provide opportunities for fellowship with retired friends.
- Cooperate with state and national retired school employee associations by promoting their membership, legislative efforts and their projects and programs of benefit to members.
- Encourage and assist early and ample preparation for retirement on the part of current school employees.
- Promote public education.