The PSD Foundation hosts and funds the Excellence in Education Dinner for the Poudre School District. The purpose is to recognize and honor educators in the district who are exceptional in their ability to build positive relationships with students and inspire them through creative and innovative teaching methods. Educators are nominated by their peers and then reviewed by a volunteer panel of educators. The volunteer panel selects the Teacher of the Year and the Outstanding Community Education Advocate. All nominees are recognized at the Excellence in Education Dinner.
In October of 2018, Hal Kinard was named the Community Education Advocate of the Year and Bradford Lardner from Kinard Middle School received Teacher of the Year honors.
The Teacher of the Year nominees for the October 2018 event were selected from feeder schools for Fossil Ridge High School and included:
- Jill Simpson, Preston Middle School
- Teresa (Terri) Keyworth, Bethke Elementary
- Mona Glover, Werner Elementary School
- Rebecca McGoldrick, Timnath Elementary
- Bradford Lardner, Kinard Middle School
- Alice Eurek, Bacon Elementary
- Katie Boisen, Zach Elementary
- Karen Lemmon, Fossil Ridge High School
Poudre School District recognition of distinguished teachers began in 1979, and since 2003 the Poudre School District Foundation has hosted the Excellence in Education event. Since 1979 over 275 teachers received recognition for being exemplary.